Topping the Canadian Innovation list
Looking for an innovative Canadian company? Look no further — nine of the 20 finalists that will compete for the Canadian Innovation Exchange (CIX) 2009 Award for Canadian Innovation Leader are clients of MaRS and our partner organizations Communitech and the Ottawa Centre for Research and Innovation (OCRI).
The CIX Top 20 recognizes the most innovative ideas, products, services and companies in Canada. Each of the 20 finalists, all technology-based companies, will pitch their product or service at the Canadian Innovation Exchange on Dec. 2. They’ll have just seven minutes to win over audience members and judges before the CIX community votes for and crowns Canada’s most innovative organization.
- CognoVision Solutions Inc. develops automated audience measurement systems and people counting solutions for the digital signage and out-of-home advertising industry.
- NIMTech Inc. has developed the SonicGauge, a patent-pending tool with smart-sensing technology to “see” chemical reactions occurring inside a pipe in real time.
- Rypple is an online feedback tool that helps individuals and organizations improve.
- Skymeter Corp. provides a complete GPS-based system that generates pricing data for pay-as-you-go insurance, parking and roads.
- Aeryon Labs Inc. designs and manufactures small unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and related systems.
- IGLOO Inc. develops online community and social networking solutions for groups, teams and organizations.
- Metranome is a mobile video service that delivers personal content to a wide range of mobile phones and wireless networks.
- PostRank Inc. monitors and collects social engagement events and correlates it with online content in real-time across the web.
- YOU i Labs Inc. is the creator of the world’s first intelligent software graphics processing unit.
For more information about or to register for the Canadian Innovation Exchange, visit www.canadianinnovationexchange.com. CIX is part of Innovation Week 09, a series of events designed to galvanize key present and future players in Canada’s innovation economy. Events will take place at the Design Exchange in Toronto on Nov. 30-Dec.2.