Position Role: Operations
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-12-21
Position Start Date: January 2019
Position End Date: May 3rd or 10th, 2019
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Beam.city is the world’s first video-based shopping destination – helping connect shoppers with the products and promotions at great nearby stores, using A.I. & Video technologies. We offer a turnkey platform to make it easy for retailers to gain digital dominance, so that local shoppers can find the millions of products available for sale everyday around them.
Our vision is to make all local products available online, to facilitate same-day shopping through out the city, in every city.
Beam.city Operations Team
Support to maintain and grow company operations capability across multiple dimensions, to ensure successful transaction completions at a high quality of service.
Role and Project Description:
The operations associate – intern role is an individual contributor role in our highly collaborative organization. The position serves as a facilitator, and coordinator of interaction between participants in the Beam.city operations network, helping move products, content and good will around the system fast, efficiently and with ever greater levels of excellence.
- Develop and deploy the first curriculum for videography & fulfillment contractor training
- Support shopper survey and data collection operations that help improve our offerings.
- Support Retailers to ensure orders are properly handled, and on time.
- Support Contract delivery teams to ensure timely pickup, and delivery of products.
- Does not buckly under pressure, to ensure daily expectations are met and surpassed.
- Support Contract videography teams to ensure timely content capture and storage.
- Support the Operations Lead, and company leadership on startup-acceleration duties.
- Positive personality and a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Extremely fast learners with experience using Digital productivity tools (Office, CRMs)
- Ability to gather, analyze and document information clearly and efficiently
- Proactive nature to seek gaps, make recommendations, and execute in a motivated fashion.
- Must be innovative, self-motivated, and hands-on personality who excels in tough environments.
Area and Level of Study:
1st, 2nd or Junior Year undergraduate students majoring in Business, Engineering, Operations, Industrial Relations, Psychology or a related field with a minimum GPA of 3.1
How to Apply: