Position Role: Marketing
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Ottawa
Application Deadline: 2018-12-21
Position Start Date: January 1st, 2019
Position End Date: 4-12 month term
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Giatec Scientific Inc. is a knowledge-based company that brings IoT to the construction industry. In simple terms, we have incorporated smart technology and application software into everyday concrete testing practices. Giatec offers a dynamic environment for motivated team-players to be involved in a wide range of activities. There are NO boundaries for you to grow in our team and we encourage employees to take risks and try new initiatives. Our company is doubling in revenue year after year with exports to more than 70 countries, and we are looking for energetic and driven people to join our team and be a part of this success.
At Giatec we are looking for the right people — people who are creative and passionate with high level of integrity. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for Giatec, one of the most innovative companies in concrete industry. Working in over 70 countries ranging from small sized companies to multi-national conglomerates, you will gain experience working in a diverse environment.
- Blogs: Accurately take direction from topic proposals to create researched, well-written and tightly edited blogs for execution across various channels.
- Research: Take initiative to thoroughly understand Giatec’s content topics to produce engaging work. Track and monitor competitors, as well as best practices to provide suggestions on how to improve marketing efforts.
- Site Optimization: Update Giatec’s website as needed to remain relevant and attract in-bound leads (including content, testimonials, design, SEO, and improved customer experience)
- Email Marketing: help enhance Giatec’s email marketing efforts, assisting with lead capturing, analytics, and content development
- Social Media: work with the brand manager to grow all channels by tracking social media analytics and assisting with audience engagement strategies.
- Other content and marketing tasks as required.
As a Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for excellent team work, communication, and time management. We are looking for a self-motivated independent worker, with the ability to take direction and meet tight deadlines. You will be working alongside the marketing team to assist in a variety of monthly tasks, including content creation, research, website optimization, and more.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, WordPress, Adobe Suite, Hubspot and Social Media scheduling software would be an asset
Area of Study:
College or Undergraduate in Marketing, Business, Communications, or closely related
Soft Skills Required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized and task/detail oriented
- Ability to problem solve and make quick decisions
- Proficiency in English language, other languages are an asset.
How to Apply: