Position Role: Design
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Markham, ON
Application Deadline: 2018-12-21
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Are you driven to build best-in-class digital experiences? At Beyond Media, it’s our obsession. Our Circuit CMS is an intelligent content publishing tool that powers immersive experiences and drives audience engagement online. This is a unique opportunity to join an early stage startup with a team of creative and passionate individuals looking to make an impact on the digital marketing landscape.
The Junior UI/UX Designer role is core to our product. Your focus will be user research and design of new components, user research and testing, handoff to development, and deploying projects using the Circuit content management system.
Join our team and help build the best of the web.
What can students expect in the workplace?
- Our values: empowerment, growth, and innovation.
- Our skills: we’re complete geeks when it comes to 360° content production and web design. We stop at nothing to craft memorable user experiences.
- Your input matters: everyone has a voice that is respected. We appreciate new ways of doing things, and new approaches to solving problems.
- Our team: experienced sales and marketing entrepreneurs, full stack developers, designers and content producers, who are enthusiastic about their craft and like to spread the knowledge.
What you’ll be doing:
- Defining and coordinating digital design at a strategic level
- Working with clients to determine their requirements, understand the problem they are looking to solve, and can propose a solution of where they need to go and how to get there
- Collaborate closely with the Product owners to define and design product features
- Alignment of individual contributors in the client’s organization
- Learning and working in agile scrum methodologies
- Measuring progress and while managing communications to an executive audience
Skills and Qualifications:
This role is core to our product. Your focus will be user research and design of new components, user research and testing, handoff to development, and deploying projects using the content management system we’ve developed in-house.
- You’re excited about using immersive media formats like VR to tell stories, and want to join a team of ambitious, like-minded creators.
- You’re enthusiastic about design and technology and strive to explore the convergence between the physical and digital worlds.
- You want to have high impact, project ownership and autonomy, and have a meaningful contribution to a software product and client work.
- You thrive in fast-paced, collaborative environments and are able to quickly switch gears as needed.
- Proficiency of UX design discipline – user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, etc.
- Proficiency with the latest design tools and software (Adobe CS, Sketch)
- Self-motivated to take initiative and ownership of your work
- Strong attention to detail, for visual design, typography, and interactivity
- Keep a user-centric mindset throughout your design process
- Consistently up to date with the latest design trends and best practices.
- Collaborates well in a team environment
- Open to new tools and methodologies
- A portfolio that demonstrates previous work samples – include links on your application
How to Apply: