Position Role: Engineering
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: 2018-08-15
Aquova Inc. is a Clean Technology start-up located in the heart of Toronto and is dedicated to developing advanced electrochemical treatment systems to help clean the world’s industrial wastewater. Aquova offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry. Aquova was strong commitment and focus on continued education and much more.
This position is only available to recent grads or masters students (less than 3 years).
Applicants must have relevant experience designing embedded systems/SOC modules. Experience using Matlab and Simulink is mandatory, however preference will be given to those familiar with the National Instrument’s development suite, Multisim and LabVIEW. Experience designing all stages of product life cycle and dealing with manufactures is an asset.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Architect, design, develop, document and verify software/hardware implementation for complex electrochemical treatment systems
- Develop embedded software in a cross-development environment for real time data acquisition
- Following full design cycle, drafting product specification and design activities
- Establishing and executing a verification plan of units, sub units in a lab environment
- Participate in the estimation and planning of new products and features.
- Follow up with manufactures, place orders and take lead on product delivery
- Taking the lead on quality control, debugging, and troubleshooting production issues
- Mentor and guide junior staff
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Strong PCB Design skills (Altium, EAGLE, or similar design products)
- Demonstrated ability to research, design and implement complex algorithms
- Ability to understand the operation, design and control architecture of complex electrochemical systems
- Proven track record for creating innovative solutions to difficult problems on budget and on time
- Good understanding of control systems engineering
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn and grow within a fast-paced environment
Experience & Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree (engineering, physics, computer science)
- 1-3 years of experience
- Familiarity with FPGA/RTL/SoC design experience and methodology and asset.
Aquova is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted to email@example.com.
Specific Instructions for E-mail Applications:
Please include in your application a cover letter, your resume, and unofficial transcript as a single pdf document. Your file should be titled "Fname_Lname_GradYear" ie. "John_Smith_1T8"