Position Role: Marketing
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: Toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-12-21
Position Start Date: January 2019
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
Think Dirty® is the easiest way to learn about the potentially toxic ingredients in your cosmetics and personal care products. We educate consumers about the potential toxic ingredients and empowers consumers to make the safest and healthiest choices. Encourage them to vote with their money for the most socially and environmentally responsible manufacturers.
Think Dirty is the winner of Mastercard Women Entrepreneurship Competition, a DMZ alumni company, it’s also name as one of the Top 25 SheEO Ventures, MaRS JOLT and CFC Ideaboost.
Think Dirty was named the best beauty apps by Refinery29 and Brit+ Co. It was also featured on O Magazine, Fast Company, NPR, Huffington Post, TED Blog, Allure Magazine, The Atlantic, PSFK, New York Magazine, Today’s Show and Consumer’s Report.
We are looking for motivated and passionate individuals like you to join a great cause for consumers and beauty enthusiasts alike. Would that be you?
Ever wonder what goes on the long list of chemicals on the back of your shampoo or shaving cream? Did you know they could be hormone disruptors (aka fertility killer)? Join us to bring back the power to consumers by promoting ingredient transparency and disrupt the billion dollars cosmetic industry! We are building an exciting tool for consumers and trust-based marketing platform for independent brands to showcase their ingredients. Work closely with the founding team and be part of a face-paced environment building something truly matters for women’s health.
Your challenge is to grow an early stage software product in the beauty space through marketing automation, innovative and viral content strategy so as to minimize cost of customer acquisition and accelerate growth. Your goal will be to grow this early stage product in the beauty space using innovative growth marketing techniques. You will be expected to create 200 new leads per month.
- Assist in research on non-toxic cosmetics and personal care products trends and statistics
- Assist in research on cosmetics and personal care products ingredients and data analysis for their health impacts, which involves data entry and analysis.
- Work with Marketing Manager to develop an action plan and execute tactics to build
- Think Dirty’s partner base including email and social media lists
- Assist with content creation, blog/website writing, and using social media tools to build awareness
- Build clean beauty lover community via social media engagement
- Develop positive relationships with influencers and beauty bloggers
- People who are confident about articulate Think Dirty’s mission and passionate about clean beauty movement and starting a conversation.
- Individuals that are excited about clean beauty, health and wellness, or moving fast in the beauty and tech industry.
- Self-starters with track records of success in their professional and personal or collegiate lives.
Area of Study:
Enrolled in a program at an accredited University focusing on science preferably Business, Cosmetology, Health Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Toxicology, and/or environmental studies
Level of Study:
3rd/4th year students.
Technical Skills Required:
- Set up a database of email addresses of leads based on engagement with the marketing content.
- Define, measure and maintain growth & adoption metrics for the product such as (but not limited to) the following
- Quantitative: Traffic Analysis / User Engagement
- Qualitative: Usability / Session/ Usage Monitoring etc
- Comparative: A/B, Multivariate Testing
- Competitive: Monitoring & Tracking key competitor marketing related activities
- Work with marketing to create shareable and viral content regularly around the product
- Work with marketing to implement & automate email drip campaigns based on specific timelines /milestones or user actions such as product onboarding, abandoned shopping carts, recommendations, renewals, confirmations, engagement, product training, and managing unsubscribes/renewals.
Soft Skills Required:
- Commitment to the Environment, Health and Beauty, as well as Consumer Advocacy
- Ability to self direct and take initiative to complete tasks and projects
- Able to work well with others
- Detail orientated; well organized and exemplary time management skills
- Highly motivated and eager to learn
- Positive attitude
- Looking to make a difference to change the world!
How to Apply: