Position Role: Support
Position Level: Internship
Position Type: Contract
Position Location: toronto
Application Deadline: 2018-12-21
Position Start Date: January 2019
This position is offered in part by the MaRS Student Work Placement program, which connects post-secondary students with work placements in technology and business.
This is an incredibly unique opportunity to join Canada’s fastest growing virtual care startup while being a key part of our support strategy for our customers. We’re looking for individuals who enjoy thinking creatively, solving through challenges, and who feel excited about delivering solutions and experiences that truly improve the lives of others. You will play an integral role in creating and executing on our ongoing user engagement strategy to help us build the world’s leading virtual healthcare platform. We’re a tightly-knit team, passionate and committed to improving the lives of others. We have an ambitious vision, and the best is still to come.
We are committed to providing students an open and safe learning environment. We have an open and transparent culture that fosters personal development and growth. Our entire founding and management team is dedicated to ensuring a positive work experience and integrating the students into the team.
- You will assist with creating and implementing Maple’s user engagement strategy – from real time customer support, to creating content and articles to help share our story in Canada and beyond
- You will contribute to the vision of how Maple can enrich the lives of others, while making our customer experience even better
- You will be one of the main points of contact for Maple customers, responding to issues and feedback in real-time
- You will monitor and respond to users’ inquiries via in-app chat and email
- Write captivating stories and headlines - Pitch and contribute ideas for editorial opportunities.
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal & written communication skills
Area of Study – Open and not limited to:
- Business, commerce, health sciences, legal studies, political science, psychology
- All levels are welcomed.
- Prior experience in customer service, user success, and/or client services
- Experience with customer messaging platforms such as Intercom
Soft Skills Required:
- A desire to innovate and explore new ways of doing things through creativity and open mindedness
- Clear, honest and transparent communicator
- A drive to always be learning and growing while passionately striving for results
- A self starter able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast evolving environment
- Hard-working, detail-oriented, and efficient in managing multiple conversations with various users
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
How to Apply: