Position Role: Development
Position Level: Experienced
Position Type: Full-time
Position Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: 2018-05-31
FeatureMine is a financial technology startup that specializes in building tools for quantitative research and trading. One of our main products is a high-performance integrated quantitative research and trading platform. Our goal is to make machine learning easily accessible for quantitative traders.
We are looking for a C++ developer who would be responsible for products that may range from linux libraries to high performance trading systems.
- GitHub or otherwise hosted project is a plus
Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code
Implement performance and quality modules
Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Optimize code for low latency, high-performance applications
- Strong proficiency in C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification
- Thorough knowledge of the standard library, STL containers, and algorithms
- Knowledge of Linux system programming and POSIX programming interface
- Good understanding of memory management in non-garbage collected environments
- Understanding of dynamic polymorphism and C++ specific notions, such as friend classes
- Familiarity with templating in C++
- Knowledge of the latest C++17 standard is appreciated
- Knowledge of low-level threading primitives and real-time environments
- Knowledge of writing native modules for high-level languages such as Node.js and Python is a plus
- Familiarity with language tools, such as Valgrind
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of Git code versioning tool
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
Opportunity for ownership and growth with the company. Learning quantitative development for finance first hand from industry professions.
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted to email@example.com.
Specific Instructions for E-mail Applications:
Please attache your resume in the email.