Position Role: Marketing
Position Level: Manager
Position Type: Full-time
Position Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: 2018-11-15
We are looking for a diligent, imaginative account manager who has a passion for innovation and who wants to do big things to help grow our company by helping grow our clients’ business. If you relish the challenge of being part of a team that is truly dynamic, and that leverages the power of hackathons, bootcamps and workshops to drive innovation, this role may be for you. If you are proactive, creative, detail-oriented with extremely strong project management and communication skills, read on!
As we develop our growing company, we are seeking a driven manager for our client programs, with a creative mind and executional chops to join our team in Toronto producing amazing hackathons and innovation challenges.
Project Planning and Execution:
- Lead the development and implementation of innovation programs (hackathon, design jams, workshops, boot camps or education series) that will best suit our clients’ needs and help them meet their business objectives;
- Work in partnership with other team members to deliver exceptional programs, events and experiences;
- Bring an enthusiastic and creative approach, delivering out-of-the-box strategies to help delight our clients and participants;
- Develop and implement tactical plans that lead to successful execution and results in client projects;
- Lead on-site event set-up, operation and success of our events;
- Collaborate with team to ensure plans are implemented in accordance with timeline and financial expectations and that any issues, challenges or deviations are escalated for resolution in a timely manner; and
- Produce high-quality materials including project proposals, client communications and outbound communications to a variety of audiences including participants, partners and sponsors.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and varied environment, balancing multiple projects to ensure that the unique client needs and objectives of each project are achieved;
- Demonstrate consistently strong communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients, sponsors, participants and vendors;
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients to develop on-brand messaging that best represents their voice and is aligned with their objectives;
- Work closely with the CEO to support business development (prepare pitch decks and attend pitch meetings); and
- Attend social and networking functions to represent the company at industry events in Toronto (sometimes outside of 9-5 hours) to meet future clients, sponsors and hackathon participants.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Possess a willingness and flexibility to be multi-functional and wear many hats in a lean, adaptable, and collaborative team;
- Knowledge and experience in a wide-range of account management and client service areas including the management of: key stakeholders, projects, budgets, time, and risks;
- Passion for problem-solving and ideating for best outcomes;
- Equally passionate about managing projects and getting your hands dirty in the tasks;
- Knowledgeable about the tech industry and innovation ecosystem, and aware of emerging trends;
- Remarkable attention to detail;
- Exceptional written skills;
- Ability to tailor tone and style, and multitask for a diverse client base;
- Strong work ethic and conscientious nature;
- Computer savvy (we are a Mac environment);
- Fluency in English required, French is an asset;
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends to support our events;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to adhere to timelines;
- Self-motivated and results-driven;
- Enthusiastic about providing the best possible experience for clients and participants; and
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn.
Education & Work Experience
- 1-2 years experience;
- Degree or Diploma in business, marketing, communications or applicable area.
About Hackworks Inc
Hackworks helps organizations and businesses develop forward thinking innovation programs including hackathons, workshops, design jams and boot camps that empower participants to build and use their knowledge and creative skills for ideating and problem-solving.
Hackworks evolved out of XMG Studio, an agile game development studio, with experience planning and executing hackathons across Canada since 2010.
We have earned a reputation as creative, multi-disciplined and successful innovation event experts with unmatched bench strength and an unstoppable drive for results. We’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves and get dirty. We never settle for anything less than extraordinary.
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted to email@example.com.
Specific Instructions for E-mail Applications:
Please include a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team and what you think will make you a great addition.