Software Engineer – Full Stack
Self Care Catalysts
Friday, May 17
Who we are
Self Care Catalysts is a patient solutions, intelligence and analytics company that enables healthcare innovation. We are committed to advocating for patients and consumers when it comes to healthcare decisions.
Our belief is that when patients are informed, respected, and engaged, they make better choices. Better choices mean better health outcomes.
Our mission is to build innovative, patient-centered, and technology-driven self-care solutions that complement medical modalities that will enable patients to continue managing their care outside of the clinical setting, with or without the support of healthcare professionals.
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer who has a strong understanding of web technologies and wants to help design, implement, launch, and scale major systems and user-facing features.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working closely with the Product and Engineering team to build exciting new features on our platform of health apps. You will take ownership of the full life-cycle of software delivery from design to deploy. You will also support and mentor junior members of the team.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong coding and system design skills
- Able to learn quickly and solve problems creatively
- Experience with backend development using Ruby on Rails
- Experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL
Nice to have
- Knowledge of GraphQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Docker, CircleCI
- Experience working with healthcare technologies (EMR/EHRs, FHIR)
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience with AWS
Why work with us
We’re a fun, results driven team that provides lots of opportunity to grow and learn. We’re also conveniently located steps from Osgoode subway station.